Espresso Martini Affogato
- 1 or 2 tablespoons vanilla ice cream
- 1 ounce espresso
- 1 sugar cube (4 grams)
- 3 ounces triple shot espresso vodka
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate hazelnut Pirouette cookie, optional garnish
- Place vanilla ice cream in a martini glass, place glass in the freezer while you prepare the martini.
- Dissolve sugar cube in the espresso.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice combine espresso, espresso vodka and vanilla extract, shake well for 10 to 20 seconds. Strain and pour into prepared martini glass.
- Garnish with a chocolate Pirouette cookie
* My favorite way to enjoy this martini is to take one or two sips (straight-up) before dissolving the vanilla ice cream to create a lighter and sweeter dessert-type martini.
* For a semi-stronger martini use a single tablespoon of vanilla ice cream.
* If you enjoy a strong and not-so-sweet martini you can omit the ice cream all together.