Spinach Dip with Veggies in Baguettes
10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
16 oz. sour cream (reduced fat ok)
1 cup mayonnaise (reduced fat ok)
1 package Knorr® Vegetable recipe mix
8 oz. water chestnuts, drained and chopped
3 green onions, chopped (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients and chill about 2 hours.
2. In the meantime, follow the step by step pictures above to prepare your baguettes.
3. First, cut the rounded end off the baguette. To figure out where to cut the baguette, I lined up two pieces of veggies to eyeball how tall I’d need the baguette. You’ll want to cut the baguette just a bit shorter than the two veggie sticks.
4. Next, cut the baguette at a diagonal. I turned the baguette on its side for this since my baguette was a bit wider than normal.
5. Now you have two pieces. If the bottom is too thick, you can cut a bit off. You want enough to hold the dip, but not a huge chunk of bread.
6. With your hands, pull out the inside of the baguette. Leave the bread in the bottom though. You want to mostly pull the bread out of the sides and back.
7. Last, press the bottom bread down. This will form a sturdy base to hold the dip. Spoon in the spinach dip (as much or as little as you like) and add the veggie sticks. Use any leftover bread for breadcrumbs or homemade croutons.
8. Fill each baguette with spinach dip. Add your choice of veggie sticks.