Maple Chocolate Bacon Skewers
10 pieces of thick-cut bacon
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons heavy cream
3 ounces milk or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped fine
1. Preheat the oven to 425 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a metal cooling rack on the baking sheet.
2. Thread one piece of bacon onto each of 10 wooden skewers, ribbon-candy style.
3. Place skewers on the rack and paint each side liberally with maple syrup.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, turn the skewers over and bake for another 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
5. Heat the cream to boiling, then pour over the chopped chocolate. Let it stand for 5 minutes, then stir until you have a smooth chocolate sauce.
6. Drizzle the chocolate over one side of the bacon skewers, either with a spoon or by putting the chocolate sauce in a plastic zippered bag, cutting off one corner and squeezing the sauce out through the corner. Pop the skewers in the fridge until the chocolate is set, then enjoy!