How To: Splatter Paint Nails
With the Olympic trials in full swing and the 4th of July right around the corner, I decided to get patriotic with my nail art this weekend! I searched for a quick and easy way to wear all 3 colors of the American flag and decided that splatter paint would be the perfect (and easiest) way to do it!
What you’ll need:
- 1 paper plate
- Tape and scissors
- A couple of Q-tips
- Nail polish remover
- 1 straw cut in half. Using a shorter straw will give you more control over the splatter.
- Any 3 nail polishes colors For my look, I chose an opaque white, and shimmery red and blue nail polish. The shimmer adds a little ump and dimension to the look. (Orly: Softest White, MyFaceCosmetics: Bellbottom Blues, Sally Hansen: Red Carpet.
How to Splatter Nail Paint:
- Paint your nails opaque white and let dry.
- Take a strip of tape and wrap around the finger just under the cuticle. Take another piece of tape and wrap from one side of the nail all the way around to the other side. Taping will make cleanup much easier.
- Place a few drops of polish onto your paper plate and dip one end of the straw into the polish. With your nail on the plate, place the straw about 2-3 inches from your nail and use a quick breath to blow out the polish. Repeat for all 10 nails.
- Repeat step 3 with your second polish color.
- Once you’re done splattering polish, remove the tape. Dip the Q-tip into the nail polish remover and use it to clean up the excess polish. Finish with a good top coat