Bad Auntie’s Naughty Ice Cream Sandwich
Salted Chocolate Diablo Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Makes around 8 sandwiches
This recipe for diablo cookies was originally created by TacoFino, a super awesome food truck that was born right here in our beautiful Canadian West Coast.
-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 cup cocoa powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 cup dark chocolate chunks
-2 large eggs
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 cup granulated sugar
-1/2 cup canola oil
-3 tbsp freshly grated ginger
-1 tbsp vanilla
-GOOD Vanilla ice cream of your choice (don’t get shitty stuff)
1. Preheat the oven at 375F.
2. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cayenne and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir in chocolate chunks.
3. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and add both sugars, oil, grated ginger, and vanilla and gently mix. Slowly add this wet mix to the dry one (flour cocoa mixture) until you form the cookie dough. NOTE: It may seem a bit dry, but not to worry it’ll get moist.
4. Form small dough balls (size of a golf ball-ish) and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicon pad. Press them down a little and sprinkle a bit of sea salt. *TIP: if you use your hands, make sure to have a little bowl of water near by to wet your fingers so it’s easy to handle the dough.
5. Bake cookies for about 10-13 minutes until they start to crack. Center should be fudgy so don’t over bake!